Friday, May 13, 2011

Publishing_Leadership Blog #2 - Publishing options


Screenshot of JILR site
Since I know that I want to go with the publishing option for my action research, finding a publisher is the next step.  At first I started thinking about military e-learning and some of the publications that exist for that type of environment, but because my action research has nothing to do with the topics I work with in my professional environment, I decided to go with a more commercial technology based publication.  I looked at some of the publications from my literature review, but those were targeted more towards interactive digital storytelling and educational simulations.  While I may start developing research for educational simulations in the future, my final choice for a publisher was the Journal of Interactive Learning Research (JILR).  JILR has more of a variety of educational platforms, a great list of papers that they publish, and I felt right at home when reading about computer based training and interactive learning environments.  I did look at some other publications and I almost chose the International Journal on E-learning (IJEL) – Corporate, Government, Healthcare, & Higher Education, but I decided to stick with JILR because of the different types of papers they accepted.  While the course I developed for my research is hosted in an e-learning environment and might seem to be a better choice to go with IJEL, I feel that educators or trainers that are working with other types of content might benefit from the results showed in my research with digital storytelling.  So sticking with JILR feels like the right decision.

My choice:
Journal of Interactive Learning Research (JILR)
http://aace.org/pubs/jilr/default.htm

0 comments:

Post a Comment